Thanks for Ashlee from Indulgence at Home Personal Chef for this recipe! Great for the lunch box.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Chickpeas- adapted from cookbook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld.
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
¾ C. brown sugar or coconut sugar
¾ C. butter or coconut oil
2 egg whites or 1 egg
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 C. whole wheat flour or gluten free all-purpose flour
½ C. old fashioned oats
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
¾ C. nuts (optional)
¾ C. raisins (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or
2. In a stand mixer, beat sugar and butter or coconut oil until smooth.
3. Beat in egg whites (or 1 egg), vanilla and chickpeas. Mix to your liking for the chickpea
4. In a separate bowl, mix together: flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix...
This cookie recipe was introduced to my by Casey over at Worthy and Well on her amazing yoga retreat! Originally from Planet Organic, I've modified the recipe a bit, and they are my favourite cookies! Sub the walnuts for extra seeds, if you're sending them in a nut-free lunch box.
2 14 cups quick oats
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup sunflower seeds
34 cup chopped walnuts
12 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
14 cup ground flax seed
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 14 teaspoons sea salt
1 34 cups dark chocolate chips
1 14 cups raisins
14 cup water
14 cup blackstrap molasses
34 cup canola oil
1 cup milk